Kit BK39: Düwag Grossraumwagen Beiwagen (Trailer Tramcar) 1954 - 1955
- Between 1954 and 1955, the Düwag factory in Düsseldorf built
Grossraumwagen bogie trams for many tram-systems in Germany. These were
built to the same overall design and looked very similar, but with slightly
different window configurations.
- The Grossraumwagen trailer trams often worked as coupled sets with a
Grossraumwagen bogie motor tramcar, which is available as BEC-KITS 38 Grossraumwagen Triebwagen (Motor Tramcar).
- Some systems worked the Grossraumwagen trailer trams as coupled sets with
an articulated motor tramcar, which is available as BEC-KITS 45 Düwag - Sechsachser Gelenktriebwagen (Articulated
- Some Grossraumwagen trailer trams were rebuilt in pairs, with
Grossraumwagen motor trams, into articulated trams for further service.
Kit special features
- This kit has two unmotorised bogie trucks.
- A range of systems is covered on the transfer sheet supplied.
- The Grossraumwagen trailer trams often worked as coupled sets with
commonly with a Grossraumwagen bogie motor tramcar, which is available as
BEC-KITS 38 Grossraumwagen Triebwagen (Motor
- Jacobi, R. and Zeh, D. 1995. Die geschichte der Düsseldorfer
Straßenbahn (Pages 161-164 etc.) EK-Verlag GmbH, Freiburg. ISBN
- Waller, P. 1994. The heyday of the European tram. (Pages 46, 50) Ian
Allan. ISBN 0 7110 2274 7
| Depot | News | Products | How to buy | Contact us | Links | Next Kit--> |
Copyright © 1997-2015 BEC-KITS. All rights
reserved. Last updated on 2015-10-28 by