Kit BK34: Verbandstyp II Motor Tram (Triebwagen)
- At the beginning of the fifties, many German tramway undertakings were in
need of new two-axle tramcars. This gap was filled by the Aufbau cars,
followed by the Verbandstyp II cars, which were supplied by a number of
German car builders.
- There were small differences in the appearance of the cars from the
different builders. This kit is modelled on the particular version supplied
to Lübeck and Kiel in 1950 by Düwag.
- In Bochum-Gelsenkirchen, Bremerhaven, Flensburg, Freiburg, Heidelberg,
Kassel and Mannheim-Ludwigshafen the Verbandstyp II motor cars ran with
similar trailer cars, which are available as BEC-KITS
- With the Kiel motor cars, we suggest you may use the HAWA 1928-29
Stahlwagen trailer car which is available as BEC-KITS
- The Berlin Tramways Type TF50 may be produced from this Verbandstyp II
kit without too much difficulty.
- In Bochum-Gelsenkirchen, Freiburg and Kassel various articulated cars
were produced from the Verbandstyp II cars, which can be constructed from 2
- A similar body style was used for the Essen motor cars 511-530, which
were put into service from 1938 to 1940.
- Numerous Verbandstyp II cars were converted into works cars in orange
livery and are still to be found in service.
Kit special features
- This kit has an unmotorised 4 wheel truck. A matching ME34D09 motorised truck is
- A working pantograph is included.
- A range of systems is covered on the transfer sheet supplied but the
advertisements are not included.
- Both sliding doors (Falttüren) or folding doors (Teleskoptüren) are
included in the kit.
- If you wish to construct a single-direction car (einrichtungswagen), you
will have to fill in the relevant door openings, using polystyrene sheet.
- The kit is suitable for towing kit 35 Verbandstyp II
Beiwagen (trailer car).
- Höltge, D. 1980. Fahrzeuge deutscher Straßen- und Stadtbahnen. Zwei-
und Dreiachswagen ab 1945. (Pages 92-103) Verlag Wolfgang Zeunert, Gifhorn.
ISBN 3 921237 58 0.
| Depot | News | Products | How to buy | Contact us | Links | Next Kit--> |
Copyright © 1997-2015 BEC-KITS. All rights
reserved. Last updated on 2015-10-28 by