Kit BK33 Schörling Railgrinder (Schleifwagen)
- Works cars are an important part of most tramcar fleets. Tramway track
often suffers uneven wear and corrugations, which can be smoothed out by
specialised grinding vehicles.
- This specialised railgrinding vehicle was manufactured by the car
building firm Schörling in Hannover over many years and with many minor
variations, especially in the end windscreens. It was used throughout
Germany and exported to several surrounding countries.
- This type of railgrinder was delivered to (amongst others): Amsterdam,
Augsburg, Cologne, Düsseldorf, Essen, Frankfurt/Main, Hamburg, Karlsruhe,
Munich, Nuremburg, Prague, S.N.C.V. (Belgium), Vestische Strassenbahn,
- The model in the photograph is from Hamburg. The Schörling fleet numbers
in Hamburg were:
- Railgrinder 1704, built 1952 (3 end windows); in 1954
renumbered 2039; in Jan. 1959 renumbered
2145 (1 large end window); in Dec. 1968 renumbered
3982; scrapped in 1974.
- Railgrinder 1705, built 1951 from Schörling (with 4 side and
3 end windows); in Dec. 1954 renumbered 2040; in March
1960 bought by Frankfurt/Main, later by Karlsruhe.
- Railgrinder 1706, built 1952 (3 end windows); in Dec. 1954
renumbered 2041; in Dec. 1960 renumbered
2141; scrapped in Feb. 1962.
- Railgrinder 2144, built 1957 from Schörling (with 1 large end
window); in Dec. 1968 renumbered 3983. This car
continue in service until the end of the Hamburg tramway system in
1978. It is now preserved in the German Tramway Museum at Wehmingen
near Hannover (open air).
Schörling 4092 in Prague Museum
Kit special features
- This kit has an unmotorised 4 wheel truck. A matching ME24S09 motorised truck is
- The whitemetal trolley pole supplied is non-working.
- Decals are supplied for several of the Hamburg works vehicles.
- On special request from BEC-KITS, buffers are available for the S.N.C.V.
- Höltge, Dieter und Kochems, Michael. 2008. Strassen- und Stadtbahnen in
Deutschland. Band 11: Hamburg. (2161 colour photograph) EK-Verlag GmbH.
ISBN 978 3 88255 392 5.
- Hoyer, H. 1994. Die Hamburger Strassenbahn. Wagenpark Teil 3: 1945 bis
1978. Verein Verkehrsamateure und Museumsbahn e. V., Hamburg (VVM). (Pages
| Depot | News | Products | How to buy | Contact us | Links | Next Kit--> |
Copyright © 1997-2018 BEC-KITS. All rights
reserved. Last updated on 2018-12-14