Kit BK28a: Hamburg Falkenried V2B Beiwagen (Trailer tramcar)
- This kit represents either
- the original 1927 version of the Hamburg V2T Triebwagen, which are
bogie motor tramcars, or
- the Hamburg V2B Beiwagen, which are bogie trailer tramcars.
- During 1936 - 1938, the V2B Beiwagen (trailer cars) were rebuilt into the
V2U (Umbau Triebwagen) motor bogie cars, the car numbers becoming
- Most of the V2B cars were scrapped between 1967 and 1969.
- The picture below shows a model of V2B trailer car 3522 built by Helmut
Gieramm. In 1970, tram enthusiasts in Hamburg painted a preserved withdrawn
V2B trailer in the old cream livery again and made 2 or 3 special tours in
1970/71. The trailer was pulled by a V6E because all the V2 motor trams had
been withdrawn at that time. A model recreation of these tours can be seen
on this HStrab
video at YouTube.
Kit special features
- This kit has two unmotorised bogies.
- Various detail parts are included for either the V2T Triebwagen or the
- The transfer sheet supplied contains the silver Hamburg HHA logo,
lettering and numbers. The advertisements are not included.
- This kit is the earlier version of kit number 28, which used to have
narrow motorised bogies (no longer available). The motorised version of the
V2 is now only available as the current motorised kit 28 Hamburg V2U Triebwagen motor car in rebuilt (Umbau)
- Höltge, Dieter und Kochems, Michael. 2008. Straßen- und Stadtbahnen in
Deutschland. Band 11: Hamburg. EK-Verlag GmbH. ISBN 978 3 88255 392 5.
- Hoyer, H. 1989. Die Hamburger Strassenbahn. Wagenpark Teil 2: 1921 bis
1945. Verein Verkehrsamateure und Museumsbahn e. V., Hamburg (VVM). (Cars
of types V2, V2B, V2T, V2U )
- Hoyer, H. 1994. Die Hamburger Strassenbahn. Wagenpark Teil 3: 1945 bis
1978. Verein Verkehrsamateure und Museumsbahn e. V., Hamburg (VVM). (Cars
of types V2, V2B, V2P, V2T, V2U )
| Depot | News | Products | How to buy | Contact us | Links | Next Kit--> |
Copyright © 1997-2016 BEC-KITS. All rights
reserved. Last updated on 2016-07-09