| Depot > HO Gauge Products > HO/OO Trucks and Bogies
HO/OO Gauge Motorised Tramcar Trucks
BEC-KITS has transferred the ranges of motorised tramcar trucks and bogies,
British tramcar parts and road vehicle kits to KW Trams.
Details of these product ranges are shown on the KW
Trams web site.
A limited range of the trucks and bogies from KW Trams are available to
motorise the BEC continental model tramcar kits and
the Tower Trams British tramcar kits.
- The trucks are designed for 16.5mm track gauge to universal
standards (e.g. PECO Streamline track), so are suitable for both
- HO scale 1:87 scale Continental models and
- OO scale 1:76 scale British models
- The trucks are supplied built, tested and ready-to-run.
- Smoother running of a pair of bogies is achieved by flexible wiring
between the two bogies.
- The trucks are wired for two-rail 12 Volt DC current collection,
although they can be altered with simple soldering for operation with a
live overhead and common track return. This version can be supplied
ready altered on request.
- The trucks use a heavy-duty Mabuchi motor for cool running and a
long life. Typically, the current consumption is about 0.3 Amps at 12V DC,
with a stall current of about 0.72 Amps.
- The trucks use 20:1 reduction brass gears for realistically slow,
trouble-free running over a long working life.
- The trucks use insulated, blackened, brass Romford wheels of sizes
7, 9, 10.5, 12, 14 and 16mm, using RP25 wheel profiles.
- All the trucks can also be supplied in unmotorised form for
trailer trams and unmotorised models.
These mechanisms represent the rigid tramcar trucks fitted to normal 4
wheel/2 axle trams. Click here for the standard range of four-wheel trucks.
These mechanisms represent the swivelling, short bogie trucks fitted to
bogie trams with 8 wheels and 4 axles and to older articulated trams. Click
here for the standard range of bogie trucks.
trucks for various tram models
The KW Trams mechanisms are often used to motorise model trams from several
other model tram manufacturers, including ready built diecast trams and tram
kits. Some recommendations for particular models are shown at truck recommendations.
| Depot | News | Products | How to buy | Contact us | Links |
Copyright © 1997-2015 BEC-KITS. All rights
reserved. Last updated on 2015-10-28 by