Kit BK35: Verbandstyp II Trailer Tram (Beiwagen)
- At the beginning of the fifties, many German tramway undertakings were in
need of new two-axle tramcars. This gap was filled by the Aufbau cars,
followed by the Verbandstyp II cars, which were supplied by a number of
German car builders.
- There were small differences in the appearance of the cars from the
different builders. This kit is modelled on the particular version supplied
to Lübeck and Kiel in 1950 by Düwag.
- In Bochum-Gelsenkirchen, Bremerhaven, Flensburg, Freiburg, Heidelberg,
Kassel and Mannheim-Ludwigshafen, these trailer cars ran with the similar
Verbandstyp II motor cars, which are available as BEC-KITS number 34.
- The Berlin Tramways Type B50 may be produced from this Verbandstyp II kit
without too much difficulty.
- Numerous Verbandstyp II cars were converted into works cars in orange
livery and are still to be found in service.
Kit special features
- This kit has one unmotorised four wheel trailer truck.
- A range of systems is covered on the transfer sheet supplied but the
advertisements are not included.
- Both sliding doors (Falttüren) or folding doors (Teleskoptüren) are
included in the kit.
- If you wish to construct a single-direction car (einrichtungswagen), you
will have to fill in the relevant door openings, using polystyrene sheet.
- The kit is suitable for towing by kit 34 Verbandstyp
II Triebwagen (motor car).
- Höltge, D. 1980. Fahrzeuge deutscher Straßen- und Stadtbahnen. Zwei-
und Dreiachswagen ab 1945. (Pages 92-103) Verlag Wolfgang Zeunert, Gifhorn.
ISBN 3 921237 58 0.
| Depot | News | Products | How to buy | Contact us | Links | Next Kit--> |
Copyright © 1997-2015 BEC-KITS. All rights
reserved. Last updated on 2015-10-28 by