Kit BK28: Hamburg Falkenried V2U Triebwagen (Motor tramcar)
- This kit represents the Hamburg V2U Triebwagen which are bogie motor
- During 1936 - 1938, these V2U (umbau) cars were rebuilt from the earlier
V2B Beiwagen (trailer cars), the car numbers becoming 3031-3040.
- In 1938, car number 3035 was sent to the Düsseldorf Tramway Exhibition
where it was fitted with a bow collector.
- All the V2U cars were rebuilt between 1941 and 1943 into single ended
- Modernisation took place in 1958: four cars being rebuilt back into
trailer cars, others were modified to a slightly newer design.
- All the cars were scrapped between 1967 and 1969.
Kit special features
- This kit has two unmotorised bogies. A matching pair of MEEQ motorised bogies is available
- The whitemetal trolley pole is non-working.
- The transfer sheet supplied contains the Hamburg HHA logo, lettering and
- This kit replaces our earlier version of kit number 28, the original 1927
version of the V2 Triebwagen. This is now available as the unmotorised kit
28a Hamburg V2B Beiwagen trailer car .
- Höltge, Dieter und Kochems, Michael. 2008. Straßen- und Stadtbahnen in
Deutschland. Band 11: Hamburg. EK-Verlag GmbH. ISBN 978 3 88255 392 5.
- Hoyer, H. 1989. Die Hamburger Strassenbahn. Wagenpark Teil 2: 1921 bis
1945. Verein Verkehrsamateure und Museumsbahn e. V., Hamburg (VVM). (Cars
of types V2, V2B, V2T, V2U )
- Hoyer, H. 1994. Die Hamburger Strassenbahn. Wagenpark Teil 3: 1945 bis
1978. Verein Verkehrsamateure und Museumsbahn e. V., Hamburg (VVM). (Cars
of types V2, V2B, V2P, V2T, V2U )
| Depot | News | Products | How to buy | Contact us | Links | Next Kit--> |
Copyright © 1997-2015 BEC-KITS. All rights
reserved. Last updated on 2015-10-28 by