Kit BK24: Hamburg Z2B trailer tram
Brief History of Hamburg Z2B Beiwagen (Trailer Car) built by
In 1924 Falkenried developed and introduced a new type of trailer car which
was designated Z2b.
Between 1924 and 1927 a total of 460 cars were built by different
manufacturers all of similar construction. Fleet numbers were 733-1192.
The prototype of this kit was built by HAWA Hannover and WmB in 1925.
Altogether 75 cars were built and numbered 903-977. Of this batch, 49 remained
in service until after 1945.
In 1946 the colour was changed from cream to cream and red. By 1950 all cars
had received the new livery.
In 1947 the fleet numbers were changed to 714-1035, the HAWA/WmB cars being
numbered 831-874 and 1033-1035.
During 1957/1959, 168 cars were rebuilt with track brakes and signalling.
Only 2 of the HAWA/WmB cars were rebuilt, their numbers being 1698 and 1699.
In March 1965 all cars were scrapped except car number 1786 which was
originally built in 1926 and numbered 1079, and later 1020. This car is now in
a steam shed near Hamburg awaiting transportation to a Transport Museum in
Kit special features
- This kit has one unmotorised four wheel trailer truck.
- Hamburg transfers are included but the advertisements are available
- The kit is suitable for being towed by kit 22 Hamburg
Z1 motor car and kit 23 Hamburg Z1 motor car.
- Höltge, Dieter and Kochems, Michael. 2008. Straßen- und Stadtbahnen in
Deutschland. Band 11: Hamburg. EK-Verlag GmbH. ISBN 978 3 88255 392 5.
- Hoyer, H. 1977. Die Hamburger Strassenbahn. Wagenpark Teil 1: 1894 bis
1921. Verein Verkehrsamateure und Museumsbahn e. V., Hamburg (VVM).
- Hoyer, H. 1989. Die Hamburger Strassenbahn. Wagenpark Teil 2: 1921 bis
1945. Verein Verkehrsamateure und Museumsbahn e. V., Hamburg (VVM).
- Hoyer, H. 1994. Die Hamburger Strassenbahn. Wagenpark Teil 3: 1945 bis
1978. Verein Verkehrsamateure und Museumsbahn e. V., Hamburg (VVM).
| Depot | News | Products | How to buy | Contact us | Links | Next Kit--> |
Copyright © 1997-2015 BEC-KITS. All rights
reserved. Last updated on 2015-10-28 by