Kit BKHAU: Hamburg Hochbahn A-Wagen
Brief History of Hamburg Hochbahn A-Wagen Number 220
The Hamburg Hochbahn is an elevated urban railway system on standard gauge
track with 750 V power supply. The first cars came into service in 1912 and
there were 13 in the first series delivered (1. - 13. Lieferung)
This particular car number 220 has been preserved and was part of the
similar 6th series (6. Lieferung) of cars with numbers 201-220 built in
1920/21. Originally they were called T-Wagen (Triebwagen) but later were
renamed A-Wagen. These cars usually ran in two car sets.
Originally they were painted in dark green and yellow, but later they were
repainted in the red and cream livery also worn by the tramcars in Hamburg.
Many that were damaged during the Second World War were rebuilt into the B-Wagen cars after the Second World War, which later
became known as TU1-Wagen cars from 1958.
Kit special features
- This kit is available in unmotorised form with parts for two trailing
bogies with metal wheels.
- It can be motorised with either one or two 4 wheel Tenshodo SPUD
motorised bogie trucks. They should have 24.5mm wheelbase, 10.5mm diameter
wheels, wired for 2 rail current collection and are available from several
- Other Hamburg Hochbahnwagen kits are
- Benecke, S. et al. 1999. Die Geschichte der Hamburger Hochbahn.
Arbeitsgemeinschaft Blickpunkt Straßenbahn e.V. ISBN 3-926524-16-2.
- Gress, Gerhard. 2001. Verkehrsknoten Hamburg. Eisenbahn Kurier Verlag.
ISBN 3 88255 269 7.
- Höltge, Dieter and Kochems, Michael. 2008. Straßen- und Stadtbahnen in
Deutschland. Band 11: Hamburg. EK-Verlag GmbH. ISBN 978 3 88255 392 5.
- Schwandl, Robert. 2004. Hamburg U-bahn and S-bahn album. Robert Schwandl
Verlag. ISBN 3 936573 05 0. Page 82
- Wikipedia entry about U-Bahn vehicles (fahrzeuge) on U-Bahn
| Depot | News | Products | How to buy | Contact us | Links |
Copyright © 1997-2018 BEC-KITS. All rights
reserved. Last updated on 2018-10-22